Acceleration of Geared Systems Apparatus
Sci-tech Acceleration of Geared Systems Apparatus Model MT 059 basically consists of three shafts, each mounted on ball races and connected by gearing. A flywheel is attached to one of the shafts.
The discs having varying mass moments of inertia can be attached to the other two shafts. It permits to change the gear ratios. Gears of suitable sizes are provided. A torque drum is mounted in each shaft and by means of masses or weights, attached to one of the drums with a cord, allow a way to apply a torque to the system.
The acceleration of the system can be calculated.
Advanced Beam Testing Apparatus
An unlimited range of beam experiments can be performed to measure support reactions, deflections and rotations of simply supported, fixed and two span continuous beams, simple and propped cantilevers, and sinking supports. Differing material and section beams supplied are carried by pinned supports on three load-measuring piers each containing an electronic load cell which measures the vertical reaction forces. The output from each load cell is fed into the Data Acquisition Interface supplied. Data Acquisition Software captures the key experimental parameters from the hardware.
Three dial gauges on movable stands measure the beam and support displacements. Supplied with hangers, calibrated weights set and set of test beams.
Apparatus for Determining Strain Gauge Factor of Strain Gauges
The gauge factor (or strain factor) of a strain gauge is the ratio of relative change in electrical resistance to the mechanical strain. The signal obtained with a strain gauge is processed by a strain measurement amplifier to visualize the resulting strain in a display.To evaluate the measurements given by the measuring device and the reading shown in the display, it is necessary know the gauge factor of the strain gauge.
Sci-tech Apparatus for determining the Gauge Factor of Strain Gauges Model MT 058 allows the measurement of deflection and strain in a bar and the determination of the gauge factor of strain gauges
Balance of Reciprocating Masses Machine
- Model four-cylinder engine assembly held on a cantilever supported on a bench mounted pillar Includes a Control and Instrumentation Unit to process the force and moment signals. The unit also has an electronic drive control – to adjust and display the engine speed accurately
- Shows both primary and secondary forces and moments and how to balance them
- Simulates one, two and four cylinder engines
- Variable crank angle settings and additional piston masses – for a range of tests
- Highly visual – ideal for classroom demonstrations
- Works with the oscilloscope (Optional) to show dynamic force and moment waveforms for popular engine arrangements and compare them with theory
Beam Shear Force And Bending Moment Diagram
Enter Short Description Here
Bearing Maintenance Trainer
- Steel baseplate, 30″ long, allowing for convenient mounting across the width of a standard shop bench.
- (4) Steel shaft mounting brackets which, when used in combination, allow for mounting of shafts in different orientations.
- (4) High-grade alloy steel CNC-machined stub shafts allowing for installation of all bearings.
- Provision for installation of radial ball bearings and cylindrical roller bearings with loose and interference fit applications.
- Provision for installation of spherical roller bearings on a tapered shaft, adapter sleeve and withdrawal sleeve. (Includes two different internal clearance calculations.)
Bending Moment Apparatus
A length of material supported horizontally and carrying vertical loads is called a beam. The loading causes bending and transverse shearing. The loads and reactions are the ‘external’ forces acting on the beam. They must be in equilibrium. However, the strength of the beam depends on ‘internal’ forces or moments. This experiment demonstrates the nature of these internal forces and their dependence on the external system of forces.
Bending of Beam: Uniaxial or Unsymmetrical
* Symmetrical and unsymmetrical bending on a beam1
* Symmetrical and unsymmetrical cross-sectional profiles: I, L and U1
* Combined bending and torsion loading by way of eccentric force application
Bending of a beams symmetrically – also known as uniaxial bending – occurs when the load plane coincides with one of the main axes of the beam cross-section. The beam then deflects in the direction of the load and can be described by elastic lines.
Buckling Behavior of Bars
In technical mechanics, loss of stability is known as buckling. Under the effects of compressive forces, and under increasing load, the axis of the bar deflects laterally until it suddenly and violently fails (collapses), even before the fracture point is reached. The stresses in the bar often remain within the elastic range during this process. Sci-tech Buckling Behavior of Bars Model MT 023 investigates the buckling behavior of bars under various influences. All relevant buckling problems are demonstrated by way of experimentation. In technical mechanics, loss of stability is known as buckling. Under the effects of compressive forces, and under increasing load, the axis of the bar deflects laterally until it suddenly and violently fails (collapses), even before the fracture point is reached. The stresses in the bar often remain within the elastic range during this process.
Cam Analysis Apparatus
- 4 different cams, 2 different tracers1
* Influence of spring rigidity and moving mass1
* Plotting of lift curves1
* Excellent observation of movement process
- Optional Computer interface & Data Acquisition Software
- 4 different cams, 2 different tracers1
Centrifugal Force Apparatus
Sci-tech Centrifugal Force Apparatus Model MT 039 enables the forces exerted on rotating masses to be studied. The table unit can be set up where required and does need to be clamped in place, the unit is also portable.
Centrifugal Governor Apparatus
* Visualization of the effect of centrifugal force1
* How various centrifugal systems work1
* Determination of characteristic curves and setting curves of different centrifugal governors
Sci-tech Centrifugal Governor Apparatus Model MT 041 experimental unit presents centrifugal systems that demonstrate the different principles of operation of both weight and spring-based governors.
- Strength of Material
- Process Control Engineering
- Telecom Trainers
- Refregeneration Engineering
- Other Trainers
- Boilers & SteamGens
- CNC Trainers
- Electronic Trainer
- Environmental Trainers
- Fluid Mechanics
- uP Trainers
- Civil Engineering Products
- About Us
- Contact Us